Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We are excited to share our latest tools and features as part of our November release.
1. Website Speed and Performance Optimization:
We are excited with our new tools release that can help you measure your website speed and offer you performance optimization tips. Provide your website URL, location where you want to run the test from and type of client (Desktop/Mobile) and let our analysis engine crank.
Our results page show you Page load time, Page size, PageSpeed score and lot of other metrics that can help you understand website speed as experienced by your customers. We also offer optimization techniques to help you improve the experience for your users. The best part is this is free with no login required. Try it out here and share it away.
2. Custom Reporting:
All our paying customers can now get custom reporting for the last week, last month, last year. The report links are available from your dashboard as well as your reports page. One of our paying customers was using this view to understand the performance impact of – new ad provider, video and other changes. From this new reports page he could clearly see how his users were being affected which helped him fine tune the changes and deliver a better experience to his users.
3. Monitor Groups:
With microservices architecture and more cloud services being deployed everyday, the new reality is that we always have lots of monitors to configure and management of them can become a real pain. Also not all monitors are created equal when it comes to alert and notification settings. With our latest release, we have made management of your new monitors as simple as drag and drop and sometimes just a click. Here are a few highlights of this feature:
- You can configure monitor groups to have their own alert settings (higher threshold for your offline services perhaps) and notification settings (no notifications for my test services). The settings are inherited by all the monitors in that monitor group.
- You can manage your monitor settings by dragging and dropping the monitors into their respective monitor groups where all settings are inherited.
- You can drag and drop your monitors in a specific order which is preserved between logins.
- You can move your monitor groups by clicking arrows and now your monitoring dashboard has a consistent view between logins.
- The alert and notification settings are still in the same Alerts menu but organized differently. You can now give friendly names to your alert settings (eg: ‘High Threshold for 4xx’) and notification settings (eg: ‘Alert Devs Only’). This makes for easy identification when you are creating new monitor groups.
- You can now specify additional email addresses as part of your notification groups.
We have more exciting updates in store in December. If you have a feature request or functionality that you require, do not hesitate to share it with us. Send your questions as well as feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.